The law requires that personnel erecting, dismantling or altering towers must be competent. Any person erecting ASCEND mobile tower must have a copy of this guide.
1. Fit caster wheels with adjustable Jack in five rung Span 28 frames. Turn the caster wheels so that they points outward and engage the brake. See Picture A.
2. Fit horizontal brace (Blue) on Five Rungs frame both the side on lowest rung and lock to the frame with hook facing out ward from inside or downwards. Never snap braces with hook facing inward from outward. Check the level of the tower both length and width wise, adjust the wheel legs, if it is required to level the tower. See picture B.
3. Snap one Diagonal brace (Yellow) from 1st rung to the 5th rung. Fit another Diagonal Brace to the other side from 1st rung to the 5th rung in opposite direction. Take care to keep the braces in line. See Picture C.
4. Attach trapdoor platform to the 3rd rung. See Picture D.
Fix two Horizontal Brace on 4th and 5th rung on both side of platform.
5. Standing on the guarded platform assemble two span 28 frame to the lower frames and insert locking pin. See Pic E
6. Continue Diagonal bracing in zig zag pattern by attaching two diagonal brace on each side from 6th to 10th on opposite direction. Fit the trapdoor platform to the 9th rung of tower. Ensure wind locks are engaged on platform. Sitting on the trapdoor, snap 2 Horizontal braces on 10th & 12th rungs near the platform on both the side. See Pic F
7. Fit stabilizers to the base unit. Adjust the telescopic leg of the stabilizer to give firm support to the ground. Position the stabilizers so that the footpads are approximately equidistant from each other at approximately 45 degrees for maximum stability. See Pic G
8. Standing on the guarded platform assemble two span 28 frame to the lower frames, insert locking pin. Continue diagonal bracing in zig zag pattern by attaching diagonal brace on each side from 11th to 15th rung on opposite direction. Fit the trapdoor platform to the 15th rung of tower. Ensure wind locks are engaged on platform. Sitting on the trapdoor opening, snap 2 Horizontal braces on 16th & 18th rungs near the platform on both the side. See Pic H
9. Standing on the guarded platform, install additional span 28 frames on both side and insert locking pin. See Pic I
10. Snap 2 diagonal braces from 16th to 20th rung in opposite direction on both the side in zig zag pattern. Fit one standard and trapdoor platform at 23rd rung ensure wind lock are engaged on platform. See Pic J
11. snap 2 diagonal braces on 20th to 24th rung, both sides on opposite direction. Sitting on the trapdoor opening snap 2 horizontal brace on 24th and 26th rung on both the exposed side of platform See Picture K.
12. Fit Toe Board to the platform.
Fitting the toe boards: Slide the side boards into the correct slot in the end boards ensuring that object cannot fall through and the trapdoor can open fully. See Pic L